Recent Stories

Saturday, November 7, 2009

A visit to enemy territory


A week ago, a friend a mine from school, whom we will refer to as Tony, told me he was going to the KINGS game at Staples Center. He has connections and tickets to sit in a suite, so I invited myself and told him to give me a ticket to the game. Had I not done that, he never would have asked me to go. We cut through traffic and made it to downtown Los Angeles by 7:40, just after the 7:30 start time. Not bad considering we left from the La Mirada/Fullerton border. The parking was great. We parked underneath the Staples Center and made our way up to a rear VIP entrance. From there we went up the escalators to the Suite section. It was cool, and it was also the night the Phillies forced a game five (I think) so we also had the World Series on the big screen.) There was no food service in the suite so I got a turkey sandwich that was being freshly cut by a dude in a chef outfit...making him a chef. Some more of Tony's friends showed up as we settled in for the game. The KINGS were playing the visiting VANCOUVER CANUCKS, minus one of the SEDIN twins and LOUNGO due to injuries. The game was a bit slow as the teams seemed sluggish, but I was in a suite with TONY watching the KINGS lose to the CANUCKS, so life could not be any better! Thanks to my good friend TONY and his family I had a fun time and hope to invite myself by force again in the near future!
GO DUCKS!

No comments:

AddThis

Puck Heads