Recent Stories

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Fondest Memory of Chris Chelios

I was busy being arrested so I could
not shake your hand
Chris Chelios finally retired and I for one say good riddance. The biggest sore loser in hockey can finally go and cry in the booth with the owners from now on for all I care. Chelios will forever be remembered by me, for his 2007 display of great sportsmanship. That is the year the Ducks defeated the Red Wings in the conference finals, eliminating the Wings from the playoffs. After the game during the traditional handshake both teams always do when a series ends, Chelios was nowhere to be found. That's right. Mr. tradition left and did not shake hands with team. Here is the explanation Chelios gave for his actions:

 "I'm the biggest believer in tradition, in having honour and showing class," Chelios said. "I'm not going to lie and say it's an apology, it's an explanation. In all sincerity, I couldn't keep it together the last 20 seconds of the game realizing we were going to get knocked out.

So if he was so overwhelmed, then why hid team mates give Sid the Kid a hard time when he did the same thing, saying later he was caught up in the emotion too? Do you know why? Because Chelios is a piece of garbage. He makes excuses for his actions, and expects others to stick to tradition. Well, there no longer has to be an excuse made for Chelios because he is finally being laid out to pasture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fuck Crosby, Chelios is a legend.

AddThis

Puck Heads