Recent Stories

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ducks survive Edmonton

I wish I could say that the Ducks beat the Oilers, but they didn't. They won the game, but really did not win it. Cam Fowler was good enough to shoot a blazing shot pass the "Bulin Wall," who happen to be tired facing the 10th Duck in a shootout, that only happened because Hiller was weak. I knew the broadcasters were talking a bit prematurely during the game before it was even at the 10 minute mark. I hate when people basically start talking about the next game before the 3rd period ends. That almost seems to always cause a jinx. Regardless, one of the few things I noticed that was killing us in the game was our defense. There were multiple times when Vish (#17) and Sbisa were caught frozen as an Oiler flew pass them each time. They got beat way too many times. I'd like to just think its because of fatigue, but what are you going to do? I'm all out of excuses. Fowler was great during the game, as well as the shoot out! Teemu looked great, and I will be the first to say (and I hate admitting this) but having Teemu made a difference. He's for sure, been the spark on the ice. Everyone else seems to just be phoning it in, except for a few games where Ryan, Getz, and Perry snap out of it. Tonight, the road trip continues with the Canucks! Its always a playoff game when the Ducks play Vancouver so it should make for an entertaining game.

GO DUCKS!!

No comments:

AddThis

Puck Heads