I got a chance to watch the All-Star game today and had fun with it. I know there is not much of an incentive to win..especially in this fantasy format, but it was still cool seeing the various players mixed in with their rivals. Here are some other fun observation:
*The whole Sedin split was not as dramatic as it sounded on paper...that was kind of a fail. Ovi's attempt at thwarting a goal thereby causing the first penalty shot in AS history was fun.
*Enjoyed watching the youngsters play. I read a stat today that American Hockey has over 100,000 players registered. WOW.
*I'm not as excited about the hardest shot competition as most people are.
*The NHL needs to jump on the Skinner phenomenon stat!
*I'm glad Crosby was not there. This gave all the guys playing an equal playing field and an opportunity to get to now their personalities. It would have just been the Crosby show if he played.
*I really feel the winner of the All-Star game should have home ice advantage in the Cup Finals. That being said, I prefer the East vs. West format.
*What was up with Fleury?? Hiller started shaky then settled...Price was good....Thomas was hilarious falling down during the fastest goalie!!
*Carolina really has a good group of fans!
*I liked the way they brought out Brind'Amour.
*Anyone else surprised that Clay Aiken sang the Star Bangled Banner?
*Chara is so freaking tall!
*The Kessel deal was so blown out of proportions. I like how the NHL addressed it by announcing the players as the greatest players in the world.
So now that the All-Star game is history, the second half of the season can now begin. Next stop....???

No comments:
Post a Comment