So far the 2011-2012 has started on the right foot for the Ducks. They are currently riding high on a historic start, with more wins than loses at the beginning of the season in a while. The last time they started out with a winning record was when they won the cup. Now its still early, yes, but there are a few questions that needed answering prior to the start of the season. One of the biggest and probably most important was the one dealing with the health of Jonas Hiller, the Ducks #1 goalie. As you all remember our last episode, the Ducks were ousted in the first round last season, mainly due to injuries plaguing the team with one of them being the sidelining of Hiller with mysterious symptoms of Vertigo. When Hiller was hit with a puck in last year's all-star game, experts insisted he did not suffer a concussion. Funny thing was that Hiller was dizzy, had no balance, and his timing was off. Hmm, Sounds like a concussion to me. whatever the case may be, Hiller's playing like he did before the vertigo, and I could not be happier!
The other question answered was whether Teemu would sign for one more year. Now, I am not one of those people that think Teemu is the end all be all, and without him there is no life or anymore hockey. Teemu is a great player, and it is impressive that he still maintains his speed over the age of 40, but he still is a liability on the ice. Regardless, the one thing that Teemu brings to the table that is more important than anything else, is a great attitude which helps the locker room. A cancerous player can kill a team's morale, and one thing is for sure, Teemu is loved by all. Having someone like him in the locker room can be the difference a grumpy unmotivated group of players, and a selfless team that wins for their assistant captain.
By the way, this Cogliano has provided some spark and wind to the team. He sorta reminds me of an Andy McDonald, but with balls! He is everywhere and has proven himself to be a play maker. I think this is one of the best pick ups this pre-season, which ironically, many people consider the Ducks as being relatively quiet in terms of players signed during the off-season!
All in all, I like the way the team plays, the power play looks cool as a cucumber, Getz and Perry look like seasoned veterans, Bobby is still growing (scary), the Ducks D looks like the defense they were predicted to be one year ago on paper, and Hillers back. I won't say anything else other than I am glad hockey is back and I think it is going to be an awesome season! Go Ducks!!!!



1 comment:
Hi, nice post. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and I would be happy to give you our link.
Thanks!
Frank
frank641w@gmail.com
Post a Comment