Recent Stories

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

RIP: ED MCMAHON


I was saddened this morning to hear the news that Ed McMahon died today. I was sad for many reasons. Ed lived a long life passing away in his eighties, but from what has been reported in the news and from Mr. McMahon himself, he was in a terrible pain the last years of his life. Having an injury when young is one thing, but add to it age, plus all the financial mishaps that McMahon was going through, and I can only imagine how depressed he may have been. It's a sad ending for someone. No one should have to endure som much pain in the end.

I am writing this post a few days after Father's Day, and memories of my father and I watching the 'Tonight Show' flooded my mind this morning when news broke about his death. It was my late night ritual to watch the Tonight Show after dinner. Sometimes we'd watch it as a family, sometimes just my dad, and sometimes by myself. Some of the best moments on television have come from the Carson show, and without fail, Ed McMahon was there each and every night. It seems like everyone I grew up watching on TV has been dying this month; David Carradine, Dom Deluise and now Ed McMahon. I am constantly reminded of my father with each and every passing of people from his era of television. I can't help but think of my own mortality each time some one passes. Time flies; Please enjoy your stay.
***Enjoy this video of a "Jolly" Ed****



No comments:

AddThis

Puck Heads