Recent Stories

Friday, September 18, 2009

Time to Vent


What a week. I've been busy attending a crisis response academy the last 6 days doing long hours of reading and hands on training. I can't say who I'm working for, but I will tell you a little about it. Its a non-profit organization that gets dispatched to emergency calls. Everything from car crashes, suicides, SIDS, you name it. Anything where there is a victim that has experience some sore of emotional trauma, we are called. Our job is to tend to them, and ground them psychologically to lessen the effects of Post Traumatic Stress. I will be on call for a certain amount of shifts, and it's on a volunteer basis. I've done this before about five years ago, and felt compelled to do it again after witnessing the aftermath of a Metro link train crash in Los Angeles on television. The days are long and the reading assignments can be draining but in the end the benefits out weigh the sacrifice. I will soon be on call again hopefully providing assistance to people who need it.

No comments:

AddThis

Puck Heads