Recent Stories

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

To See Or Not To See....

I was listening to the radio and someone on air brought up funerals and how when his aunt died, he chose not to look at her in the coffin. This made me think about how uncomfortable this is for most people. I've never had a problem with this and saw my father and brother when they both passed. Even though they look nothing like they did when they were alive, for my own process, I needed to look in order for my mind to have closure. It's difficult and I know people that would have nightmares if they saw their loved ones, and some people that just think it's gross. Regardless of what you do, there's no right or wrong answer. Everyone grieves differently, and in the end it's best to just remember loved ones like they were when alive.

No comments:

AddThis

Puck Heads